Why Choose SAMPA Surgeons?
Surgical Association of Mobile is a regional leader in laparoscopic and robotic general and weight loss surgery. Our practice is composed of leaders in our field, having performed some of the region’s and nation’s first specialized operations including:
- The first laparoscopic Gallbladder Removal in Alabama in April 1989
- The first laparoscopic Adrenalectomy anywhere in the world in 1991
- The first laparoscopic Colectomy in May 1991
- The first laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass in the region in March 2001
- The first Robotic Weight Loss Surgery in the region in August 2013
- The first Orbera Gastric Balloon placement in the region in 2016
- The first robotic LINX Procedure in Alabama in April 2018
We are the largest surgical group in the region with 7 highly skilled and experienced surgeons. Some our many strengths include:
- Extensive experience with over 9,500 weight loss surgery procedures performed
- Seven board certified surgeons
- Seven Fellows of the American College of Surgeons
- Bariatric Center of Excellence since 2006
- Affiliation with top hospitals including Mobile Infirmary and Springhill Medical Center
We look forward to providing you with the same, exceptional care that our patients have experienced since 1973.