Dr. Forrest Ringold, FACS, FASMBS
Dr. Forrest Ringold is a native of Scottsboro Alabama and joined SAMPA in 2002. He is board certified in general surgery.
He specializes in the treatment of obesity (weight loss surgery) and diseases of the abdomen using both traditional laparoscopic techniques and advanced robotic technology.
Dr. Ringold also specializes in the placement of the Orbera intragastric balloon managed weight loss system.
In addition to seeing patients and performing surgery, he is a clinical instructor for the Department of Surgery at the University of South Alabama and previously served on the board of the Medical Society of Mobile County.
Areas of Specialization
- Bariatric surgery
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric sleeve / sleeve gastrectomy
- Orbera Intragastric Balloon
- Hernia repair
- Gallbladder removal
- Diseases of the colon
- Robotic surgery
Meet Dr. Forrest Ringold
- Medical School: University of South Alabama Medical School
- Residency: General Surgery, University of South Alabama Medical Center (From 2001 to 2002, Dr. Ringold served as Chief Resident)
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (FASMBS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Mobile County Medical Society
Dr. Ringold is a clinical instructor for the Department of Surgery at the University of South Alabama. He previously served on the board of the Medical Society of Mobile County.
Dr. Ringold and wife, Dr. Jill Ringold, have 3 young children and are members of Ashland Place United Methodist Church.
To make an appointment with Dr. Ringold call us at (251) 433-2609
If you had a great experience with Dr. Ringold, we would love to hear about it in a Google review.