Dr. Barry D. Ballard, Jr., FACS
Dr. Ballard joined our group of premier surgeons in August, 2016 and performs minimally invasive weight loss and general surgical procedures. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Dr. Ballard accepts new patients for all general surgery concerns as well as weight loss procedures.
Areas of Specialization
- Bariatric surgery
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric sleeve / sleeve gastrectomy
- Hernia repair
- Gallbladder removal
- Hemorrhoid Surgery / THD Technique
- Robotic Surgery
- Treatment for GERD / chronic acid reflux
- Undergraduate: Auburn University, Cum Laude
- Medical School: University of South Alabama, College of Medicine
- Residency: General Surgery, University of South Alabama Medical Center
- Candidate member of the American College of Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama.
- Mobile County Medical Society
Dr. Ballard and his wife, Dr. Haley Hallman Ballard, have three young children and are members of Dauphin Way United Methodist Church. In his spare time, Dr. Ballard enjoys Auburn football and fishing.
Dr. Ballard accepts new patients for all general surgery concerns as well as weight loss procedures. To make an appointment with Dr. Ballard call us at (251) 433-2609