Dr. Dan Lane, FACS, FASMBS
Dr. Dan Lane is a native Mobilian. He is board certified in general surgery and specializes in the minimally invasive treatment of obesity, known as bariatric or weight loss surgery, and general surgery to treat diseases of the abdomen. In addition to treating patients, he serves as the clinical assistant professor of surgery for the College of Medicine at the University of South Alabama.
Areas of Specialization
- Bariatric surgery
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric sleeve / sleeve gastrectomy
- Hernia repair
- Gallbladder removal
- Diseases of the colon
Meet Dr. Dan Lane
- Medical School: University of Alabama Medical School in Birmingham, Alabama,
- Residency: General Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (FASMBS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Mobile County Medical Society
Dr. Lane is married with three children and is a member of Dauphin Way United Methodist Church.
To make an appointment with Dr. Lane call us at (251) 433-2609
Did you had a great experience with Dr. Lane and our SAMPA team? We’d love to hear about it in a Google review.