Dr. Jeff Hannon, FACS, FASMBS
Dr. Jeff Hannon is a native of Mississippi, a board certified general surgeon and specializes in the minimally invasive treatment of diseases of the abdomen as well as weight loss (bariatric) surgery.
Dr. Hannon also specializes in the treatment of chronic acid reflux/GERD using minimally invasive techniques.
Dr. Hannon currently serves as Assistant Professor of Surgery, College of Medicine at the University of South Alabama. He also served as President of the Medical Staff of Mobile Infirmary Medical Center in 2006.
Areas of Specialization
- Bariatric surgery
- Gastric bypass
- Gastric sleeve / sleeve gastrectomy
- Treatment of GERD / Chronic acid reflux
- Hernia repair
- Gallbladder removal
- Diseases of the colon
- Medical School: University of Mississippi Medical School in Jackson, Mississippi
- Residency: General Surgery, University of Mississippi Medical Center Hospital
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)
- Fellow, American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (FASMBS)
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES)
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Mobile County Medical Society
Dr. Hannon and his wife, Kim, have 3 adult children and are members of Christ United Methodist Church. In July 2019, Dr. Hannon celebrated 30 years with SAMPA!
To make an appointment with Dr. Hannon call us at (251) 433-2609
Have you had a great experience with Dr. Hannon at Surgical Association of Mobile? We’d love to hear about it in a Google review.